Would you like to know more about …
- What to do if a substitute decision maker is not acting in a client’s best interests;
- How to assist someone who’s decision making capacity is changing or being questioned;
- The role and limitations of Enduring Power of Attorney (EPOA) and Advanced Health Directive (AHD) documents and how they relate to everyday decisions; and
- The legal and ethical considerations of the guardianship and administration system and how it relates to you and your role.
The five types of guardianship training:
Understanding Guardianship Workshop (6.5 hours) – Comprehensive overview for staff of the Guardianship and Administration system, processes, documents and their application to case examples and more. Available as in house training or public sessions for individual registrations.
Understanding Guardianship Workshop (4 hours) – This workshop designed for staff has similar content to the 6.5 hour presentation above, but is presented in a condensed version to accommodate less staff training time. In house only.
Toolkit for Health Care Decision Making Workshop (2 hours) - Applied knowledge and understanding of health care substitute decision making, for staff when caring for those who have limited capacity or EPOA’s in place. In house only.
Understanding Guardianship for Mental Health Workshop (6.5 hours) - This workshop provides a comprehensive overview of Guardianship and Administration matters as they relate to clients experiencing mental illness. It is delivered in an interactive way, facilitating applied knowledge to common work practices and scenarios that arise when working in this field. In house only.
Understanding Guardianship for Mental Health Workshop (4 hous) - This workshop has the same content and topics that are covered in the above presentation, but it is tailored to suit a reduced training time slot. In house only.
Topics associated with these workshops include:
- Capacity and consent;
- Enduring Powers of Attorney (EPOA);
- Advance Health Directives (AHD);
- Substitute decision making in particular for health matters;
- Statutory agencies including the Office of the Adult Guardian and Public Trustee; and
- Role of QCAT
Understanding Guardianship Workshops available for 2016
7th June - Cairns Register Here
9th June - Weipa (Cancelled)
5th July - Bundaberg Register Here
7th July - Rockhampton Register Here
9th August - Ipswich Register Here
18th August - Longreach Register Here
6th September - Chermside Register Here
22nd September - Hervey Bay Register Here
10th October - Townsville Register Here
11th October - Mount Isa Register Here
13th October - Charters Towers Register Here
27th October - Spring Hill Register Here
15th November - St George Register Here
23rd November - Bowen Register Here
After attending the Comprehensive Guardianship Framework Workshop:
- 98.75% of participants said they had a lot or some knowledge of wills and enduring documents (compared to 50% prior to attending the training)
- 99.37% of participants said they had a lot or some knowledge of mental capacity (compared to 47.5% prior to attending the training)
- 98.75% of participants said they had a lot or some knowledge of guardianship & administration (compared to 38.75% prior to attending the training)
- 97.5% of participants said they had a lot or some knowledge of the Public Trustee, Adult Guardian and Public Advocate (compared to 45.62% prior to attending the training)
- 95.62% of participants said they had a lot or some knowledge of QCAT (compared to 32.5% prior to attending the training).