Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Disability Network of Queensland
Come join us and get connected
ATSIDNQ is a network of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a disability. It was established to raise awareness of the cultural and social needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a disability, their families and carers. The Network also provides a voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
What being an ATSIDNQ member means:
- You are a part of a growing network of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a disability, their families and carers
- You can share your story and hear about other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disabilities
- You can receive newsletters and gain information about issues which affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with disabilities. These issues may be general in nature or in relation to the NDIS which will be coming to Queensland in 2016
- You can be involved in having your say about how the NDIS may affect you
- The network can feedback wider issues to the Government to inform policies which impact the services you receive
Existing members have shared their stories through film. To view these stories click on this link for our partner’s website.
The ATSIDNQ newsletters are published bi - monthly to keep you informed of news, updates and events in the disability sector. They also allow members to share their stories with each other.
An example of one of our newsletters is available by clicking here.
Want to become a member or have more information?
- Contact QADA - Ask for the Network
- Free call: 1800 718 969
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Atsidnq - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Disability Network Qld
The importance of having such a network had been discussed for some time and the impetus to begin work on establishing this vision resulted from a gathering of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who came together in December 2005 as part of the International Day of People with Disability. From humble beginnings the network has evolved and has been most recently supported by Queenslanders with Disability Network (QDN). QADA is proud to now be supporting the growth of ATSIDNQ and its members. QADA has over 20 years experience in community services and many years supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities.
We are excited to be able to connect with you and look forward to growing the ATSIDNQ network so that members voices can be heard.
ATSIDNQ Membership Application
Become a member or support of the ATSIDNQ by printing and filling out this membership application to join the network.